28 ARTISTS & JOURNALISTS
their work and words, interviews, blogs, images, hints, tips, websites
and more...

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Playing with Gray and Blue

Great Blue Heron's have such lovely subtle shades of blue, gray and peach. I also love studying the shapes of bird eyes.  Concentrating on a few little details really can make an unfinished study believable.

I was playing with a small Prang watercolor set before I popped the colors out to refill with my Hobein tube paints. You can see a formula written in the upper left corner of the page.  Another note in the upper right is a reference to Spartina... the name of marsh grass, but in this case it's a reminder of the local company that makes wonderful handbags, tablet cases, wallets..... Ladies, check out Spartina449 :)

Don't you just love the information you can find in a journal?

4 comments:

  1. Pam,
    What a lovely page. I really like the color combination used and the texture you achieved on the Heron. I always am intrigued by artist's comments on journal pages. I also like the way you test colors, mixtures, and eye shape right on the page. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What glorious colors! I love great blue herons, one of my favorite birds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kate! A favorite of mine too. Living in coastal SC is paradise for me.... wading bird heaven :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...